14.10.2020 by Kristine Spure
Nowadays, the Internet is all about catching the eye of the scroller, and videos and animations play a huge role.
With so much content out there, videos and animations make some of the most effective methods to draw attention to the content you create.
That’s why we’re super excited to let you know you can now download your projects and designs as video files – in the MP4 file format!
This allows you to download your animated social media posts, charts, dashboards, infographics, and other visuals you’ve created and share them as moving visuals on social media, video-based platforms, your blog, and anywhere else. Show off your projects in their full splendor, and keep your designs moving and your audience engaged.
How do I download my projects as videos?
Converting your existing projects into videos really is super simple and seamless. All you have to do is click the Download button in the Infogram editor and select Video (MP4). From there, you can also adjust the video size and frame duration, and add transitions (in case you’re downloading slides). You can learn more about downloading your projects as MP4 videos in our step-by-step support article.
So why MP4, and not any other video file format? MP4 can store audio and video files, still images, and text. MP4 is also one of the best video formats for social media. It compresses the audio and video files separately, making the video smaller, but maintaining a relatively high video quality.
But enough with the tech specs. Here’s how you can use MP4 downloads to your benefit:
Why use MP4 downloads?
There are so many advantages of downloading your projects as MP4 files instead of PNG, JPG, or other file formats.
First of all, videos and animations are without a doubt one of the most powerful forms of content you can use to build your own or your brand’s presence online.
The statistics speak for themselves. When the image is moving, people can process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. What’s more, animated content can grab the attention of consumers in a record speed of less than 1/10th of a second.
Here are a couple of extra reasons why you’ll love downloading your projects as MP4 videos:
- Easily share on social media. MP4 is the top recommended video format for uploading social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Grab attention. With moving designs, infographics, bar chart races, and social media posts, it’s easier to trigger emotions and spark conversations among your audience.
- Save time. Animation is no longer an expensive and time-consuming affair. With Infogram, there’s no more need to look for an external tool, screencast, or other extensions to capture your projects. You can get a high-quality video in just two clicks. No need to spend hours mastering a new video or animation maker, either. Turn your projects into moving designs right here on Infogram.
- Increase engagement. Social media users prefer to scroll their feeds in silence. For example, Facebook users view 85% of all videos without sound. This is where your animated infographics, slides, and social media posts can stand out. Download your animated designs as MP4s, publish them online, and make your message more accessible to engage with your audience.
- Emphasize your brand authenticity. A survey found that 62% of consumers are likely to buy from brands that express their authenticity. Using animations and videos is a great way to connect with your audience, as it simplifies difficult concepts and makes your message easily understandable.
- Drive traffic and boost sales. Did you know that 81% of consumers state they have purchased a product or service after watching a video? Download your designs as videos, then distribute them on your social media channels, website, or online shop and see those sales numbers grow.
Who should use MP4 downloads?
Online videos are a powerful marketing tool, and you don’t have to buy expensive content creation and animation tools to get started. Animate your social media posts, charts, and infographics right here on Infogram and download them as MP4 videos in seconds.
The MP4 download feature is available for Pro, Business, Team, and Enterprise users. We think it will be especially useful for:
- Social media managers
- Marketing managers
- Media professionals
- Data journalists
- Content creators
- Freelance creatives, and more
We hope you’ll enjoy using this new MP4 download feature as much as we enjoyed creating it. Share your projects with the rest of the Infogram creator community – post your work online using the hashtag #MadeWithInfogram.
Get data visualization tips every week:
New features, special offers, and exciting news about the world of data visualization.