01.06.2016 by Marisa Krystian
It’s no secret visuals make for great marketing. The addition of compelling images to landing pages, advertisements, blog posts, email campaigns, and social media updates can have a profound impact on your audience. Visuals enhance content consumption, making your work more engaging and memorable.
But just how valuable are visuals? We did a little research to find out! Scroll down for 8 fun stats that every content marketer should know.
If you’d like to explore using charts and graphs as visuals, download our latest eBook – ‘Simple Data Visualization Techniques to Make Your Charts 110% Better.’
8 Powerful Visual Statistics
- 90% of information that comes to the brain is visual and 40% of people learn better with visuals than plain text. Source: Zabisco
- 65% of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations, and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated. Source: CMO Council
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content. Source: Massplanner
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images. Source: Kissmetrics
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content (photos and videos) saw a 65% increase in engagement. Source: Simply Measured
- 73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in 2016, and 55% plan to prioritize creating visual content. Source: Content Marketing Institute
- Eye-tracking studies show readers spend more time looking at the images on web pages than they do reading text on the page. Source: Nielsen Norman Group
- Articles that contain charts and infographics show significantly higher reader engagement – up to 34%! Source: Infogram
Crafting quality data visuals can be tricky, but we are here to help. Download our latest eBook for simple data visualization techniques that will make your charts 110% better!
Get data visualization tips every week:
New features, special offers, and exciting news about the world of data visualization.