09.11.2021 by Līva Luriņa
As Black Friday and Cyber Monday approach, marketers are working hard on their Black Friday marketing strategy to capture shoppers’ attention (and wallets). Retailers have begun discounting products earlier, and shoppers are taking advantage of early sales and promotions.
With the pressure on to meet (and hopefully exceed) holiday sales goals, it is imperative to capture your customer’s attention this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This article covers a few quick and easy Black Friday marketing ideas to help boost sales using data visualizations.
From social media, email marketing, blog, and video marketing, there are several interactive and simple-to-use tools you can incorporate into your Black Friday marketing strategy to engage clients and increase sales.
Spruce up your social media
Social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are key to sales conversion, and these apps are primarily accessed via phones and tablets. To succeed in your Black Friday marketing campaigns, make sure your content is:
- Interactive and engaging to ensure more click-throughs and likes
- Formatted to look great on mobile devices
What does that mean regarding your content? Infogram has a wide range of ready-to-use social media graphics, as well as the ability to build custom graphics – no coding required! We also offer templates exclusively for Instagram, so it’s really easy to get started.
If you want to get even more creative, learn how to increase social media engagement by using photo filters, interactive data, and charts, as well as infographics. When your content is beautiful, engaging, and really WOWs your audience, interaction (and sales!) will increase.
Get ahead of your competitors with videos
To get the most out of your Black Friday marketing strategy, you need to provide value for customers that’s clear, personalized, and memorable. Marketers across the world turn to video as their medium of choice — in fact, 85% of businesses already use video as a marketing tool.
Using video in your Black Friday marketing or virtual sales campaigns is neither difficult nor expensive. With the right video creation tool such as Prezi Video, you can easily record branded videos with yourself and your content side by side to deliver messages with big personal impact. Here are just a few Black Friday video marketing ideas:
- Record short videos for social media. Social media users tend to stick to the screen when they see a video, bringing 10x more engagement to your profile than any other type of content. Use this strategy and create short, creative videos about your product or the story behind it.
- Use videos in Black Friday email marketing. Are you looking for ways to make emails even more personal? Video is the right way! A personalized subject line together with a recorded video in the message’s body will bring a real connection to the mailbox instantly.
- Simple reminders in virtual meetings. As we mentioned previously, a lot of companies offer early Black Friday deals. To avoid aggressive sales pitches during video calls and meetings all November long, make your message visual. Prezi Video allows you to bring content next to you during your meetings. This way, you can display an elegant early Black Friday banner communicating the offer without even mentioning it. You don’t even need to say anything – your prospect definitely will notice and think about it.
Dataviz in Black Friday email marketing
We’re bombarded daily with emails. The average office worker receives 121 emails per day. In North America, the average click-through for emails is only 3.1%. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday being key shopping dates, the number of emails customers will receive in this time period will increase.
Your challenge is to stand out from the crowd to make a meaningful impact on potential customers with your Black Friday email marketing strategy. Add meaningful, engaging, or fun content to boost interaction. Here are a few ideas:
- Use interactive charts. Move beyond simply using words and static images. If you’re trying to reach an audience with compelling data, including interactive charts will increase engagement and make readers stay on your page longer. Using a comparison chart that allows customers to click through and learn how past clients have used (and loved) your product is much more compelling than providing a list of figures.
- Get creative and use interactive infographics to explain a product or tell a story. Placing these in your Black Friday email marketing campaigns will increase clicks, likes, and reposts and draw more people to your brand and products.
- Use animated and sticker gifs to add variety to a traditional email. With Infogram, you can be certain it will look good on multiple devices, from phones to tablets to desktops.
Freshen up blog content
Blogs help increase audience engagement by utilizing search engine optimization (SEO) to drive potential customers to your webpage. But here’s the thing – choosing the right keywords and using a certain word count isn’t enough to drive traffic.
If the goal of your Black Friday marketing strategy is to grab more shoppers, you should post engaging and interesting content to your blogs and encourage longer site visits and more clicks.
First off, elevate your images with photo filters. We’re not just talking about the standard Snapchat and Instagram dog filters. When images are polished, consistent, and visually pleasing, it elevates your brand and drives loyalty. Besides, it’s actually super simple to use photo filters – learn how in this quick tutorial.
Infographics are also ideal for blog content. For example, infographics that explain holiday shopping trends and figures are much more engaging than standard articles. In addition, infographics allow you to take a lot of text and figures and condense them in a way that’s visually appealing and interesting for your audience.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are traditionally the biggest shopping days in the United States. Simply offering deep discounts on your goods or services might not be enough to draw in new and existing customers.
Using different types of data visualization and video as part of your Black Friday marketing strategy will enhance your social media posts, email marketing campaigns, and blog content. That way, you’re much more likely to create a compelling brand presence online, thus boosting audience engagement and sales.
Get started with Infogram today and be prepared to rock your Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in November 2019 by Kristīne Spure and has been updated in 2021.
Get data visualization tips every week:
New features, special offers, and exciting news about the world of data visualization.